As Economist Dr David Ndii, Uhuru’s agemate has been telling us, the Kenyatta family empire has now gone beyond tKshs 5 trillion net worth. Trillion, not billion worth. With Uhuru at State House, this will continue to rise because of the conflict of interest corrupt arrangement where the whole republic is a kitega Mali ama kitega uchumi.
The Kenyatta family will be the richest family in the continent by 2022 yet they are NOT manufacturing heavy players like Dangote. They are a politically enriched family like the Dos Santos or Musevenis.
The Kenyatta family is making money from every government ministry, department, parastatal and agency; see the following information and verify for yourself; realize that they make money from every single ministry in Kenya? The family wealth is nearly twice Kenya’s annual budget!
1. Environment/Forestry: Timber and forest resources… They have been in this business for decades. His government banned logging when they started building a multi-billion timber and forest resources factory in Nakuru Gicheha farm that is estimated will give the family 25 b annually.
2. Industry: Their Milk monopoly through targeted policies intends to lock out smallholders. Their flagship company. Brookside has purchased nearly 13 local milk companies and brought in a French operator who paid them 4.3 billion to have one of the operators.
3. Health: they have a monopoly of hospital equipment supply and leasing that fetches nearly 68 billion. Counties are under an obligatory threat to pay this lease money before the treasury can release any money to a county.
4. Education: they make billions in private schools and billions out of the textbooks and curriculum business. The British Council driven curriculum change to #CBC was mainly about this-textbook money.
5. Land sale and rates: the reason Thika road was the first one to be dualled upon Kibaki (a Kenyatta project since 1992) coming to power was to raise value of their land alongside the road before selling to government and other agencies; they have more land, of course grabbed/acquired dubiously. They are acquiring more in Naivasha from the Delamares etc for free using state power. Land is the real base of their wealth. Their banking empire was financed by land leasing, collateral etc.
6. Agriculture: they are in agriculture, horticulture (remember flowers to the UK), beef and other sales big time.
7. Transport; SGR railways operations, airports and ports control; they will own nearly 40% of Kenya Airways after reviving and bailing it with our taxes. They have taken over the most lucrative berths at the Port of Mombasa as well as SGR contracts with Joho to upcountry. You need to understand the reason Macharia is in this docket.
8. Energy: The family has a stake in KPLC, KenGen and in KPC looting through contracts in billions. The tokens scandal at KPLC was a direct looting totaling almost 80 billion by the family through South African and French operators. Where is the Auditor General?
9. Financial services: the family is big in banking, insurance etc including for for cleaning their stolen billions. Massive looting of borrowed funds has been going. Kickbacks from Chinese, Russian and other firms and governmental agencies has been through their banking institutions. Mshwari owned by NCBA bank just made this family the banker of Mama Mboga, and every poor person across the country. It was a masterstroke. Bob Collymore and the Boys Club was all about this. Central in 2018 gave them some loan facility for traders. You remember the governor launching it at Gikomba? Remember Huduma Namba too?
10. Tourism: they are the biggest operator in hotels across Kenya. Great Rift Valley (this where Atwoli is an Invited co-investor and business associate), White Sands, Voyager etc name it. You finance them through every platform.
11. Defense contracting kickbacks are the biggest since independence. It’s very deep and those accounts are not be audited.
13. Security cameras CCTVs etc and installations. You remember the 45 billion deal struck through a phone call to Bob Collymore? Where are the CCTV cameras? George Muchai was murdered right on Kenyatta Avenue and there was no CCTV coverage. It was a hoax.
14. Broadcasting: Media houses control for print and broadcast business is one that is strategic. The migration to the digital platform was to negotiate a stake in the big players including the NMG.
15. Foreign policy and diplomacy: who earns the money from the foreign bases including the British Army bases in Laikipia, Isiolo, Samburu bases? Has Parliament ever checked on this?
16. Water resources: the main reason for BBI supporting the dissolution of the Nairobi County government and introducing the NMS under a General is to get the family to control water sector and to commercialize it. Water boozers have been bought in 2020 to do what? Connect this with the evictions in Kariobangi and Ruai area in the middle of the Corona Virus pandemic and the Northlands estate that is coming. Then remember the Muranga underground water tunnels that went silent with the Handshake? Is Raila Odinga’s family now going to be the water distributor in Kisumu? Yes. Hope you understand the Handshake without cabinet slots for NASA better now.
17. Housing projects with the Chinese camouflaged as the BIG 4 agenda: they are in big real estate business across the country including the upcoming Northlands project. They are making billions out of this.
18. Sports and culture; the family is in the sports betting business in a big way. Other competitors who are not giving them a stake are being pushed out. SportPesa anyone?
19. Prisons department supplies and revenue is never a public record. How much do we earn from the coffee, number plates, furniture etc that the Prisons dept generates annually?
20. The commodities sector especially sugar importation using the Rai family and other fronts. Recall the mercury sugar importation scam that his family was leading in. Did DCI complete investigations?
22. Minerals and the Turkana Oil business; The family has been in this minerals business for decades across the country. Do your investigations about it.
23. The wildlife trophy business; how much has this family made out of wildlife poaching and sales since independence? Now they are into private game sanctuary all across northern Kenya. Isiolo first example is being put under so-called white CONservationists by force. Who is behind this conservation lie to grab wildlife resources and land?
24. Child welfare society (CWS) and children’s homes; did you know that CWS, a Mama Ngina NGO, receives billions annually? What is it for? Investigations into allegations of child trafficking using these agencies have never been concluded.
25. The current Google balloons, 5G installations, laptops and ICT installations in the e-government Business, add the Huduma Number billions, electronic and digital elections etc will benefit their companies and fronts in Mucherus ministry big way.
We are yet to know how much stake the family now has in the Telecoms esp Safaricom with the MShwari deal and ICT sector. How involved was Safaricom in the rigging of elections 2013&17?
This list is not exhaustive by any means. The question is, why do Kenyans allow this kind of misuse of power and corruption to go on? How do Kikuyus and GEMA benefit from this mega corruption by the Kenyatta family which has destroyed the Central Kenya and Kenyan economy?
Again, do you realize that they make money from every single ministry in Kenya? The family wealth is nearly twice the Kenya annual budget!
Prepared by the Centre for Public Integrity Kenya (CPIK)