Great debate today. Well moderated and the two top candidates really behaved. But without wasting time let me tell you the highlights.
These men for 1 and a half hours have engaged in a debate full of facts and figures. Both Biden and Trump are well informed and properly schooled on matters of law, economy, infrastructure and energy.
Mainly, they talked to the American people to vote for them on November 3rd 2020 along the following lines.
- The economy. Both are advocating for a stronger economy to compete China.
- Rule of law. These men know the American constitution. They said the law is their guiding principle.
- Jobs for Americans. This is where the battle lines are. Who can provide and create more jobs for blacks, Hispanics, Latinos etc.
- Health for all. Americans want a president who takes their health matters seriously. The Obama care… equivalent to Kenya’s NHIF came under scrutiny.
- Energy. Nuclear energy, Fuel, etc is what runs America. They put their leaders to task on the same.
Watching the debate almost made me cry as I recalled what I saw in Kisumu, Kenya Yesterday. Thousands of hungry, desperate, unhealthy Kenyans many without masks or ensuring social distancing poured on the streets, cheering their leaders. Some hoping that they will get some food to take home. It was pathetic.
The leaders then danced #Jerusalema a popular south African craze that honestly adds no value to our Kenyan lives.
Sadly, the leaders even requested their wives to allow them to marry second wives from the lakeside city as a sign of how they had enjoyed their visit.
The leaders said nothing about
- Lack drugs in hospitals. Jaramogi Odinga Hospital next door has had doctor on strike for as long as we can remember.
- Joblessness that was evident around them. H.E. Mudavadi said in an earlier forum that it is only in Kenya that idle jobless youth can run around on a working day chasing politicians for handouts. It was evident in Kisumu.
- A Shrinking economy that is suffocating all of us.
- Schools without proper funding or enough teachers. No desks even after they promised to provide.
- Energy sector that is unregulated
- A second and bigger spike of covid 19 that has hit us. Over 1000 cases yesterday Many deaths reported. Hospitals now saying that they cannot cope. Nothing was said about it.
- Run away corruption in govt.
They instead talked about how the #BBIReport and how it will create room for a PM and 2 deputies. They said something about senate having more members. Our people cheered them for that.
COMPARE AND CONTRAST
TRUMP and Joe Bidden have made it clear this morning, that the American election campaign 2020 will not be about preserving their families and wealth. It will determine the kind of country American live in together now, and it will also determine the country they will leave behind for future American generations.
It is impossible to compare and contrast between @JoeBiden’s stroke Donald Trump’s America and Uhuru Kenyatta / Raila Odinga’s Kenya. We are still in the stone age. Kenya is many light years behind the rest of the world. OK guys, let us continue dancing Jerusalema.. Enjoy another day of Kenyan politics. But keep safe.