COMMUNICATION EXPERT ON LABOUR ISSUES.
BE.D Kenyatta university
M.A. Maseno University.
RECENT ENGAGEMENTSL/AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR AT KENYA NATIONAL TEACHERS UNION : In charge of communications and research at the Kenya National Union of Teachers and currently at the Research manager at the Kenya Women Teachers Association with task to give a voice to Labour issues, and brand the union to members donors. I have written, appeared on TV and Radio live shows on behalf of the unions. I run several social media platform groups for teachers and have a large following on social media.
I have Written several articles in the dailies papers on behalf of KNUT Secretary general Wilson Sossion, and COTU Sec Francis Atwoli and Kenya Women teachers Association.
- TEACHER AND EDUCATOR: I have a B .Ed degree from Kenyatta University. As a teacher, I have worked in the Kenyan education sector with proven results in and outside classroom. Deputy head teacher at Chemelil Sugar Academy. l Have taught for over 21 years at various high schools, eg Kakamega High, Kipsigis girls and Kisumu Boys as a classroom teacher, head of department and deputy principal.
- MEDIA PERSONALITY/ MARKETER AND INFLUENCER: Worked with several media houses to market and influence various persons of interests, products, activities including political parties. Currently working as a communications Consultant at bridge International Academies. My task is to build on it’s PR and to Liaise with all partners in Education sector to ensure Bridge Schools remain afloat and relevant in Kenya. The schools are sponsored by World Bank, Bill Gates among others and has a teaching model based on IT and technology.
- EXAMINER WITH KENYA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS’ COUNCIL: I have graded, set and evaluated Kenyan School Children in national exams for the last 12 years.
- WRITER, BLOGGER, INNOVATOR AND PROGRAM DEVELOPPER: Armed with numerous IT skills I have innovated and developed programs including; Twinning schools, taking students abroad on exchange programs, lunch feeding programs, social work with local communities and seeking funds to assist orphans in my schools. My articles published in the local dailies.I am a member of the Kenya Bible Society and basically I volunteer my services as an Editor for the “Agano Jipya”
REFEREES: Several and they are confidential. But will be availed upon Request.
CV Also available.
Peter Kodhek Amunga