By Peter Amunga.
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. (John 8:7 KJV)
A story broke out over the weekend that the that the respected Machakos Senator Bonface Kabaka was with a mpango wa Kando (female companion) in a room before he collapsed and had been rushed to hospital. We imagined such stories were normal among such big wigs in Kenya.
“.. Let Him sort himself out.. “ so we thought. But later it turned out the woman in question was a teacher known to us from a Makueni county. Madam Esther Nthenya Muli a 45 year ols lady and a deputy principal at the Mathemba High in Makueni county who has been union official is well known as a nice madam who cannot even hurt a fly. She has been teaching in public Schools for over 15 years with a proven good record at TSC, dedicated beautiful and hardworking.
As usual, media which is always biased against teachers picked up the story (and with backing and funding from the Senator’s family and friends) as good example of how teachers are sex maniacs, Casanovas, husband snatchers, marriage breakers, philanderers pimps, pedophiles who raped school girls at Lugulu high etc.
Shortly, madam Esther was stoned and tried before the court of social and main stream media, and found guilty as charged. She was arrested, her face and name including school where she teaches put in newspapers, accused of attempted murder before a court of law and detained in the police cells for days. The headline read
“..TEACHER TRYS TO MURDER SENATOR..”
We quickly knew this was another silly attempt by media and wives of the senator who wanted to get back at the poor madam. I quickly mobilsed my team of bloggers and media guys and we begun giving the facts about the whole case. For example. We pointed out that..
- The teacher rushed the senator to hospital when he collapsed. She did not steal from him or run away. She stood with him. How then can she be a killer?
- We pointed out that she informed the family of the senator including his 2 wives that their man was down. She did not hide. How then was she a killer?
- We pointed out that our Kenyan media was unfair. It had judged and condemned the woman but the man who is a senator was spared and made a victim of murder. Just like the adulterous woman in the bible stones were cast at her ..but not the man she was found with.
*OUR ACTION PLAN TO SAVE MADAM*
1. We called Senator Mutula whose father was the best Education Minister Kenya ever had. We called governor Ngilu. Gave them details. They promised to help and Mutula offered pro bono legal services for our beloved teacher.
2. We got Kenya Women Teachers Association officials in Makueni, Machakos and at the Head office to give us back up as we sought defense for the teacher. They agrred.
3. We went viral with hashtag.. #SheCantHarmAFly. Media saw the sense and published some of our views.
After the noise and demands from our team of bloggers, KEWOTA, Gov. Ngilu, Sen. Mutula and others we are happy to announce that madam Emmy was released unconditionally after doctors ruled out any foul play.
Doctors instead concluded there was a lot of foreplay before they got intimate which could have affected the senator.
It was so bad that Media and Kenyans had chosen to claim that a teacher wanted to kill a senator without any evidence. Teachers are not killers. Teachers are not prostitutes. Teachers are human. Yes.. We also know how to enjoy life. Madam Esther was taking time to Enjoy. We are now talking to officals at TSC to save her embarrassments by giving her a transfer.
TEACHERS MUST find a voice. If we keep silent we will discover too late that we are really hated out there. Welcome back to the free world mwalimu.