I challenge DP Ruto, alias “Arap Mashamba” well known for his unbridled greed for both public and private land, to offer himself for investigation concerning the following scandals that are in the public domain:
- The grabbing of the land belonging to Hon. Joseph Murumbi, Kenya’s first Vice-President and a renowned conservationist.
- The attempted land grab of the Langata Road Primary School playground, where innocent children were mercilessly teargassed and traumatized.
- The grabbing of the piece of land on which Weston Hotel is located. It is in public knowledge that the land is public property belonging to the Kenya Airports Authority.
- Who grabbed more than 100 acres belonging to the late Adrian Muteshi, an IDP who died out of bitterness and frustrations having fought for more than 10 years trying to reclaim his land, albeit successfully. The D.P was found criminally culpable.
- DP Ruto should tell Kenyans the truth about who swindled Makindu Motors of millions of shillings, where a businessman lost Kshs.300 million due to shenanigans emanating from his office.
- Can Arap Mashamba tell Kenyans how he acquired large tracts of land in Taita Taveta County? 7.What does DP Ruto know about the fake arms scandal, where one of his bodyguards Seargent Kipyegon Kenei was murdered?
- Can DP Ruto explain what he knows about the loss of over 4 billion shillings of public funds meant for the construction of Arror and Kimwarer dams? Why was he so defensive when news of the scandal broke out? What information did he want kept out of the public’s eye concerning those collapsed projects? 9.DP Ruto should be ready to also give a statement on what he knows about the recent camera scandal that led to one of his bodyguards to “commit suicide.” Is there more than meets the eye in that sad incident?
- I therefore demand on behalf of all Kenyans that the D.P subjects himself to a transparent lifestyle audit. Let us be honest with ourselves. As leaders in particular, and as Kenyans in general, we must learn to accountable for all our acts of omission and commission. In this regard, I urge “Arap Mashamba” to stop being hypocritical and to take responsibility for his misdeeds, which stink to high heavens.
Kalonzo Musyoka SC
Wiper Party Leader.