By Amunga Peter.
One big reason Betty Wababu had to quit TSC was her distaste for being used unprofessionally with TSC CEO, the Cruel Nancy Macharia.
Nancy Macharia buys media to publish headline stories like the most recent
“.. The TSC has released plans to promote 15,226 teachers. with a big Photo and name of NANCY MACHARIA.
File | Nation Media Group
Unknown to many Kenyans or especially teachers all those headline stories are paid for by the communication department at TSC that was headed by Betty. The stories in papers are usually drafted by the TSC legal officer Timon Oyucho. You will ask, why?
Answer. Timon .. Oyucho, who does all the dirty work for Njeri (until he has acquired the new title DEMON OYUCHO by TSC staff) gets some bloggers to soup up the story, add salt to it, distort facts and give it to media to publish. That is how Betty left. Unprofessional behaviour, corruption, interference and meddling.
TRUTH ABOUT PROMOTIONS
What we need to know is that these interviews only target to promote about 7000 teachers and notc15,000 as Nation media journalists are paid to report.
This is what KNUT has been saying all along and yesterday KUPPET came out guns blazing criticizing the manner in which Njeri and Demon Oyucho is conducting the ongoing interviews for promotion of teachers. Let me elucidate on the tricks TSC USES to look good to the public.
- That the CPG score sheet being used by TSC in the interviews favours teachers in extra-county and national schools as they usually perform better. Any teacher teaching in those poor public schools with few facilities will never see a promotion as long as Njeri and Demon Oyucho are at TSC.
- The tools used by Njeri and Demon OYUCHO are the skewed and retrogressive
Career Progression Guidelines (CPGs) and Teachers Professional Appraisal and Development (TPADs) that stress more on the category of schools and performance of students rather than the actual performance and competency of a teacher.
- Kuppet a union for teachers was compromised by Njeri and Timon to consistently lie to teachers that the CPG was the real deal.
- The labour court made a ruling stating that the CPG is a document not captured in any legal documents governing the remuneration and Promotion of teachers including the CBA itself and the Code of Regulation for Teachers, and declared it illegal. Demon OYUCHO the TSC legal officer continues to lie to Njeri to disobey the ruling and uses CPGs to oppress teachers.
- Teachers employed with a diploma qualification, teaching in secondary schools, for instance, and who were due for promotions in 2018 when the CPG came into effect, actually petitioned to seek redress from TSC with a view to causing the commission to automatically promote them from job group C2 to C3 as has been the case before. This is ignored by Demon OYUCHO andvhis side kick Njeri Macharia.
- Many teachers are stagnated at job group L or C3 with those eligible for promotions in the next job group estimated to be in the upwards of 70,000 teachers. These adverts you see in papers for interviews only target to promote teachers already in administrative roles. The current exercise will only get 7,000 and not 15,000 as advertised.
- Tsc has a corrupt way of silencing unions so as not to point out these criminal acts by cruel Njeri. A good example is how KUPPET was BRIBED to benefit from an increased membership by criminally transferring KNUT members such that monthly remittances from membership subscriptions and agency fees (for non-members) rose to 190,000 million shillings a month. With that kind of money KUPPET NATIONAL OFFICIALS careless what happens to classroom teachers.
Teachers, do not depend on what you read in newspapers. TSC has no good plan for your welfare or promotion. . those adverts and headlines are tailored vto fashion NJERI as a saint. She is not. Njeri is Cruel. Demon OYUCHO is cruel. Pray to God that they are either jailed or sacked from TSC.