By Amunga Peter
- 1. Blocked Fallopian Tubes: Fallopian tube blockage or obstruction is one of the major causes of infertility. We have various types of Fallopian tube blockage such as
- Cornua blockage: i.e.complete blockage of tubes from where they branch from the uterus.
- Distal or Lateral blockage: i.e. tubes are blocked halve way from uterus.
- Fimbria or Terminal blockage: This is blockage of tubes at the ovaries level.
Other Interpretations of tubal blockage are Bilateral( meaning both tubes) 2.Hydrosalpinx blockage (which means there is water in the tubes.) 3. Salphigities, (meaning there is inflammation in tubes due to infection.).
Tubes are also blocked when there is FORCED SPILL. (Meaning the sonographer used a lot of force when pushing dye in the tubes). LOCULATED SPILL. Meaning very little dye went through the tubes into ovaries.
CAUSES OF FALLOPIAN TUBE BLOCKAGE.
- Infections/ PID: such as Chlamydia, Trichomonas Vaginitis, Gonorrhea, syphilis, TB
- Endometriosis: When endometrium cells spreads to the tubes, they cause menstruation inside the tubes thus causing inflammation and blockage of tubes.
- Fibroids: Very big fibroids will squeeze the tubes and also fill inside the uterus thus blocking sperms from accessing Ovum.
- Ovarian cysts: Cysts in the ovaries blocks ovum from traveling from ovaries to the tubes especially if they are very big.
- Termination of pregnancy: Causes 70% of all infertility issues due to damage of tubes or remains being left inside the uterus.
- Miscarriages: This can be caused by injury, or infection such as Brucella Abortus. If not treated and uterus cleaned properly, then the remnants can cause tube blockage and infection.
- Hormonal Imbalance: This can be caused by thyroid problems which results to abnormal hormonal distribution. It is mostly triggered by too much chlorine or fluoride in food and drinking waters. Also some family planning methods such as injections or implants can interfere with hormonal imbalance thus also resulting to P.C.O.S (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) These are accumulation of ovarian follicles due to hormonal imbalance.
- Birth defects: Someone born with uterus which did not develop.
You can reshare this message