Raphael Tuju on Citizen TV on 20th April after a court ruled that half of UHURU cabinet was illegal.
On the Cabinet legality
• I can assure that there is no panic in cabinet & I can assure sure that there is no effect of this particular ruling until after 29th of May… if at all we are in disagreement with it, which I think we are, there is an appellate process.
• If it (the ruling) affects me I think the Attorney General will have to enlighten me on that, I have not looked into it.
Discussed the current development where the Jubilee Party has written to the Registrar of Political Parties seeking to dissolve the coalition pact with PDR/UDA and the consequences/implications of the move.
• The consequences could be quite grave (on any members who had aligned themselves with UDA) but we are not interested in really victimizing anybody, we just wanted to state it as a matter of fact that we find ourselves strange bedfellows with what is called UDA.
• It is dishonest to say that we have an alliance in the terms and detail that we had discussed in 2018. We find ourselves in a situation which is obtaining today where they (PDR/UDA) are fielding candidates against Jubilee in areas we never agreed we could have such kind of competition.
• What we put on that letter today is what I was authorized to write, if there are consequences following this that will be subject of discussion by the party & when the party makes those decisions they will give me the instructions & I will be able to communicate them.