By Amunga Peter.
Papa Francis Atwoli has warned that this shall paralyze the country’s entire labour sector.
- The PSSS deductions shall continue to shred the payslips of teachers and civil servants, yet the government is not ready to increase their pay to cushion workers hence continued deductions is in contrary to labour laws as workers can’t survive the hard economic times.
- A good number of civil servants and teachers had gone ahead and comitted their tax relief to long-term loans, upon advise by the various banks and SACCOs. The relief came to an end in December, and a good number of these government employees are earning below 1/3rd of their basic pay,,, pecuniary embarrassment!
- That this act shall only work to kill the working spirit of government employees, yet they’re expected to attain job fulfilment by earning fairly and being able to meet their daily needs.
- That the economic hard times brought by COVID-19 are not only felt by the government. It pinches most in the shoes of the taxpayer whose relief has been lifted yet the effects are still astronomical.
- The government is not honest by being hard on the commoners, in this case teachers and civil servants yet politicians like the MCAs have continued to enjoy goodies such as the recent plum car grants
👆🏽👆🏽Amunga can you pen something on this please