By Amunga Peter
We are learning that prevention is cheaper than cure. India has one of the best health infrastructure and now their health architecture has collapsed.
- Stop both indoor and outdoor gatherings: Kumbh Mela festival attracted 3.5 million people who bathed in River Ganges.
- Stop political rallies: Prime Minister Modi and his associates held rallies attracting mammoth crowds.
4: Premature declaration: politicians made people to believe that India had defeated Covid-19 and so all protocols were thrown to the wind.
- COVID-19 is a clever virus: it mutates every so frequently; successive variants are more contagious.
Indian Variant B1.617 is a double mutant with two spikes. It sidesteps body immune response and has significantly reduced vaccine efficacy.
What can we do in Kenya?
- Wear mask everytime you step out of the door.
2.Observe social distance.
- Avoid both indoor and outdoor gatherings.
- Stop non-essential travels.
If anyone visits your house they must do the following:
a. Wear mask properly.
b.Sit next to the door and must not move around the house nor touch anything.
c.Should take less than 5mins.
d. Must sanitize at the door when entering and leaving.
e. Must not eat because they’ll remove the mask.
LET’S BE OUR OWN KEEPERS